2m of fresh powder in 2 days – sounds good for a perfect powder chase! Unfortunately the avalanche situation was a 5 and the valley, we wanted to go, was closed. So, we had to cancel the Slowderchase and asked all the other Powderchaser, if they are committed to go… Read More
A trip of extremes: sunshine, blisters and fog, slush and powder, rainy snow showers and sweat A memorable trip in the spring-ish Silvretta range. Powder snow was hard to find, and so was good Italian coffee. But as stuborn as we are we did our best to find both….and guess… Read More
Since we already had an “alternative” Powderchase on the last trip, everybody was praying for more snow to come until this Powderchase. But the winter until then still was very shy and reserved with delivering the aspired amounts of snow, at least in our traditional regions and we already thought… Read More
We had a really hard start into this weekend. While it had snowed very hard the weekend before, there was not any snow in sight for our second Powderchase of the year. And since we take our promise seriously, we officially cancelled the second date of the season. But! All… Read More
Our first Powderchase & Slowderchase for this season started with an uneasy feeling – but turned out to be one for the books! It was beginning of January and winter was very shy and thrifty with the anticipated snow so far, but a huge dump was expected for the weekend… Read More
What an adventure! A three day skitour crossing from Savognin to Schwanden. Twelve persons, and only two of those are men: mountain guide Ben and photographer Mathias. We spend three days full of diversion, challenges and incredible nature – the route takes us across three valleys and far away from… Read More
On the way back from our last Powderchase weekend we are already fully immersed in the weather charts and forecasts for the next few days. There will only be limited amounts of snow. And what’s coming, will be in Arlberg. We call a few mountain guides and try to get a bit more insight into the situation and see if there are any alternatives, but we still end up deciding for Warth. Already the third time we’ll be going to this North-pointing ski area on the ’backside’ of Lech.
Four days before ‘our’ weekend the first big snow storm of the year is brewing. Not only in the Northeast, but also from the West there should be interesting amounts of snow. But on top there will also be lots of wind. And the forecasted avalanche situation is pretty sketchy. Where to go?